World Premiere Preview (February 15-17 2013)
As I write this, the Illinois State Senate just voted 34-21 to legalize same-sex marriage. The bill now goes to the House, where it will require 60 votes to move to Governor Quinn’s desk, who has vowed to sign the bill into law should he be given the opportunity.
There remains, of course, the usual warnings about wantonly predicting the number of chickens, but we’re going to hold out for hope that our home state is about to cross the fence over to the right side of history.
While we wait to see if the rest of the Illinois legislature is worth the money their campaign contributions have been printed on, let’s do another weekend of Too Much Light, featuring seven new plays performed by Lily, Bilal, Megan, Ryan, and Brenda:
- Contact High On The Red Line (Brenda Arellano)
- A Belated Valentine for Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church, As They Prepare to Picket My Alma Mater on the 28th of February (Lily Mooney)
- Shitty Trumpet and an Abacus (Ryan Walters)
- Catchphrase! Played Palpably Tense with Displaced Anger (Megan Mercier)
- I don’t have much time for guests (Megan Mercier)
- Mask Work (Bilal Dardai)
- If the Drones Are Dreaming, Or Sgt. Predator’s Blown Apart Club Band (Bilal Dardai)
Happy Valentine’s Day, no matter who or what gender your valentine might happen to be.