Emma Reaves Is Real.
Emma Reaves is Real. We have lived many months of a long-distance Neo internet friendship of facebook status-liking and Spotify stalking and now she is HERE at Village Discount Outlet in her excellently-tattooed flesh and she is buying props because…
NEW YORK NEO-FUTURIST EMMA REAVES IS PERFORMING IN CHICAGO’S TOO MUCH LIGHT MAKES THE BABY GO BLIND THIS MONTH.
- Emma Reaves has a Look: cutoffs, Doc Martens and a “dumb thrift store shirt” in the summer; black denim, Doc Martens and a “dumb thrift store little boy button-up shirt” in colder months. She says she’ll wear a lot of flannel this fall and go “full out Seattle dyke.” You approve, you can’t help it, because
- Emma Reaves knows what’s hip. She will be game to follow you into one of Chicago’s women-owned, feminist sex toy stores and marvel at the We Vibe 4 Plus, which will solve every long distance relationship problem anyone has ever had, because she has good taste and
- Emma Reaves snaps to signal affirmation, and you should know that
- Emma Reaves’ voice is probably deeper than yours and when she was learning Regular Acting from Regular Actors, she was told that her voice was Too Deep and I’d like to hit that person, but
- Emma Reaves never wants to hit anyone, ever, not even for fun. However,
- Emma Reaves will not judge you for your smashing a rearview mirror when a car plows into your bike, because
- Emma Reaves has an Open, Twisted Mind and
- Emma Reaves was drawn to Neo-Futurism because
- Emma Reaves doesn’t want art to be precious, and if you’re lucky,
- Emma Reaves will make you a Spotify playlist and
- Emma Reaves owns the shit out of Spotify.
- Also she has a Bikini Kill tattoo.
Catch her this weekend in Too Much Light. It’s gonna be Real.