GAMES! BAD LUCK! ACTION PANTS! TEETH!
I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS WEEK! HERE IS A LIST OF REASONS WHY:
1. THE NEOCADE– The Neocade is happening on Thursday night. More info here! THERE WILL BE GEEKS AND GAMES!
2. WAY Too Much Light– In addition to our usual shows, we’re doing two ADDITIONAL performances of Too Much Light this weekend on Friday, 11/13, and on Saturday, 11/14, at 7pm with an EXTRA SPECIAL GAME-THEMED MENU! So if you’re the kind of person who likes to go to bed at Grandpa Time so you can have enough time to shuffle around in your slippers and shove some milk and cookies in your face before you head to Dream Town, YOU CAN SEE A SHOW AT SHOW O’CLOCK **AND** HAVE PLENTY OF POST-SHOW GRANDPA SHUFFLE TIME! Ticket info here. For bonus points, make Friday or Saturday a double feature. I DOUBLE DARE YOU!
3. GAY DADS– This weekend’s Too Much Light features a 5-person, star-studded cast of new ensemble members! We’ve got Ida, Jeewon, and Nick, plus senior ensemble members, Bilal and Malic, who will function as this weekends’ Gay Dads. YOU GUYS, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A GAY DAD! But only to a dog.
4. FRIDAY THE 13TH!– This Friday is FRIDAY THE 13th! Here’s some information from Wikipedia: “According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, an estimated 17 to 21 million people in the United States are affected by a fear of this day, making it the most feared day and date in history. Some people are so paralyzed by fear that they avoid their normal routines in doing business, taking flights or even getting out of bed.” DON’T BE A WUSS. GET OUT OF BED AND GET TO THEATER. Then go home, break a mirror, walk under and ladder, and snuggle a black cat. BAM. WUSS-FREE FOR LIFE.
4.5. TATTOOS– Did you know that a lot of tattoo parlors have special offers on Friday the 13th and you can get a THIRTEEN DOLLAR TATTOO?! That’s how I got these cool-as-shit, constantly-complimented-by-well-dressed-metalhead-baristas teeth tattooed on my collar bone in the photo featured in this blog post. I took that photo in a Target dressing room, where I was trying on action pants.
5. ACTION PANTS– These are pants you can buy in the “active wear” section of any department store. They are made of stretchy fabric. Buy some. Wear them always. They are will make you feel like an undercover super hero and you will never have an excuse to avoid practicing your left splits.
SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!