The Neo-Futurarium is located at 5153 N Ashland, at the corner of Ashland and Foster. You’ll know you’re here when you find a large red door beneath a sign that says “The Neo-Futurist Theater.”
The Neo-Futurist Theater (a.k.a. “The Neo-Futurarium”) is located on the second floor of a large building on the corner of Foster & Ashland. The main entrance is through a pair of double doors on the first floor at 5153 N Ashland, where patrons walk up a flight of stairs to the second floor and through a series of hallways, into the main theater space.
The building does have elevator access, but there is an additional hallway to navigate with a short landing of 4 stairs. Patrons who are wheelchair users or require other mobility considerations should call our offices at 773-878-4557, 10am-6pm, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to discuss providing access to anyone that wants to see our work.
From the train:
- Take the Red Line.
- Get off at Berwyn, walk west for a half a mile until you hit Clark St., and turn left.
- Walk two blocks south to Foster and turn right.
- Go one block west.
- The Neo-Futurarium is on the southeast corner of Foster and Ashland.
- The #50 Damen bus will drop you right off at the the corner of Foster and Ashland.
- The #22 Clark bus will drop you off at corner of Foster and Clark. Walk one block west to Ashland.
- The #92 Foster bus will take you to the corner of Ashland.
- The #36 Broadway bus will take you to Foster. Walk west 1/2 mile, or transfer to the Foster bus, which will take you to corner of Foster and Ashland.
Driving from outside Chicago:
- If coming from Lake Shore Drive: Exit at Foster, and turn left to head west all the way to Ashland (approximately six traffic lights).
- If coming from I-90: Exit at Austin. Turn left (east) onto Foster, drive approximately 5.5 miles to the corner of Ashland.
- If coming from I-94: Exit at Cicero. Turn left (east) onto Foster, drive approximately 4 miles to the corner of Ashland.
Free street parking is often available on Ashland, or on Foster west of Ashland. Parking is NOT allowed in the Swedish Museum Parking Lot, just north of the theater on the corner. You will be towed at your own expense.