Internships at The Neo-Futurists
The Neo-Futurist Theater seeks qualified candidates for artistic and administrative internships during Fall/Winter 2017.
Interns work directly with the Artistic Director and Managing Director on a multitude of weekly tasks to assist the running and growth of the Neo-Futurist organization. Tasks may include: production assistance for the weekly flagship show, The Infinite Wrench; assistance in the care and maintenance of the company’s unique space, “The Neo-Futurarium;” support and shadow staff at Prime Time shows, special events or productions, and fundraisers; assist individual Neo-Futurist ensemble members for their plays, productions and/or classes; data entry and mailings; maintaining archival and documentation materials.
University students may apply for class credit through their internships. The Neo-Futurists ask for a 3-month minimum commitment, 12-24 hours per week, to be mutually agreed upon by the Intern and The Neo-Futurists.
- Independent worker and problem-solving mentality
- Respectful, professional and grounded demeanor
- Knowledge and understanding of The Neo-Futurist’s mission and aesthetic, and enthusiasm to support this specific kind of art and theater
- Interest and/or experience in writing, and a copyediting eye for detail is a major plus
- Intermediate skill with Word and Excel
- Novice experience with Photoshop or InDesign
- Daytime availability starting as early as mid September (exact timeframes are negotiable)
- Some evening availability as needed in the Fall/Winter
*Applicants with literary, copywriting or archival skills and interests will be given extra consideration.
To apply, email internships[@]neofuturists.org, including your resume & coverletter. Deadline to apply is August 23rd.